- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
YMCA waives joiner fee in January, offers free weekend Jan. 21-22
The YMCA of Rock River Valley announces the joiner fee will be waived for the month of January.
The promotion is to encourage healthy living throughout Rockford and surrounding areas.
The joiner fee will be waived to new members of YMCA of Rock River Valley through Jan. 31. For member information, contact Member Relations at the I.D. Pennock Branch, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, (815) 489-1252, or the Northeast Branch, 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park, Ill., (815) 489-3352.
Along with the No Joiner Fee promotion, the YMCA of Rock River Valley will be offering a free weekend Jan. 21-22. On these dates, the I.D. Pennock and Northeast branches will be open to the public. Throughout the weekend, there will be activities, games, tours and classes for every member of the family.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue