- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
YMCA waives joiner fee in January, offers free weekend Jan. 21-22
The YMCA of Rock River Valley announces the joiner fee will be waived for the month of January.
The promotion is to encourage healthy living throughout Rockford and surrounding areas.
The joiner fee will be waived to new members of YMCA of Rock River Valley through Jan. 31. For member information, contact Member Relations at the I.D. Pennock Branch, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, (815) 489-1252, or the Northeast Branch, 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park, Ill., (815) 489-3352.
Along with the No Joiner Fee promotion, the YMCA of Rock River Valley will be offering a free weekend Jan. 21-22. On these dates, the I.D. Pennock and Northeast branches will be open to the public. Throughout the weekend, there will be activities, games, tours and classes for every member of the family.
From the Jan. 4-10, 2012, issue