- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
First American CU makes new hire, promotion
First American Credit Union has announced the addition of Kris Frey as commercial lender and the promotion of Cathy Prusansky as internal audit associate.
Frey has 33 years of experience in the financial industry, mainly concentrated in the area of commercial lending. With his previous roles including VP commercial loans, controller and credit analyst, Frey brings a well-rounded balance of finance and commercial lending experience to the credit union. He has a bachelor of business administration in marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Frey is now president of both the Cambridge Youth Football Club, and the Dane and Jefferson County Youth Football League. He’s also a member of the Cambridge Grid Iron Club and a founding/active member of the Community Activities Program in Cambridge. He is a past president of the Cambridge Lions Club and the Grace Lutheran Church. He has also been involved in the Cambridge Optimists Club and Cambridge Hoops Club.
With her talent to lead projects independently and being detail-oriented, Prusansky was an ideal candidate for the position of internal audit associate. During her 12 years at First American, Prusansky has worked in the areas of accounting and operations, often holding responsibilities and managing people in both areas simultaneously.
From the Jan. 11-17, 2012, issue