- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Free EKG screenings offered for area high school students
Free EKG screenings for area high school students will be offered by the Young Hearts for Life Cardiac Screening Program at SwedishAmerican Heart Hospital in Rockford and the Belvidere Medical Center.
Appointments will be scheduled in 15-minute intervals at both locations, beginning at 5:30 p.m. on the following days, by location:
• SwedishAmerican Heart Hospital, 1401 E. State St., Rockford — Tuesday, Jan. 17; Wednesday, Feb. 15; and Tuesday, March 27.
• Belvidere Medical Center, 1625 S. State St., Belvidere, Ill. — Wednesday, Jan. 25; Tuesday, Feb. 28; and Wednesday, March 21.
The free screenings are offered by Dr. Kenneth Brin of Midwest Heart Specialists and SwedishAmerican Health System.
Sudden cardiac death (SCD) claims the lives of 30 young adults every week in the United States. The tragedy of these deaths for families and communities is amplified when we realize how needless and preventable they are: one-third of these deaths may have been prevented through a simple, inexpensive heart screening.
Midwest Heart Community Foundation, under the guidance of Dr. Joseph Marek, clinical cardiologist with Midwest Heart Specialists, is working to increase awareness of SCD in young adults.
Register your child by calling Ann Sammons at (815) 968-4400, ext. 62894, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is needed when registering: parent and student names, home address, phone number and e-mail, student birthdate, school and physician.
From the Jan. 11-17, 2012, issue