- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Help local band AudioDrive win $20,000 contest
Roscoe, Ill.-based rock band AudioDrive has been selected in the FDIC National Band Competition.
The FDIC is considered “The World’s Largest Firefighter Training Conference and Exhibition” and is set for April 16-21 at the Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
FDIC’s Second Annual Battle of the Bands competition is set for Friday, April 20. Online voting is open for the month of January. Ultimately, three bands will perform a three-song set in front of thousands on stage for the chance to win $20,000.
Actor and stand-up comedian Adam Ferrara will host the 2012 Battle of the Bands. Ferrara was a regular on the FX drama Rescue Me, which profiled a fictional New York City firehouse and firefighters.
What makes this competition unique is that to be eligible for competition, one member of each band must be an active first responder. Cherry Valley firefighter/paramedic Colin Edmison maintains the driving beat behind the drum kit for AudioDrive.
Online voting is open until Jan. 31. The top three bands will receive $5,000 to travel to Indianapolis to compete head-to-head for the $20,000 grand prize.
To vote for AudioDrive, go to www.FDIC.com, click on the “Battle of the Bands” tab and then view the AudioDrive video and place your vote.
The video submitted by the band was recorded at their 2009 Cherry Valley Days performance. View band information, schedule, music and videos at www.audiodriverocks.com.
From the Jan. 11-17, 2012, issue