- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center thanks shoppers
Every Thursday this holiday season, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers wrapped gifts for busy CherryVale shoppers.
Thank you to the hundreds of shoppers who stopped by CherryVale’s Community Gift Wrap area and made donations to our organization. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, thank you so very much for making the first donation of the season to our gift-wrapping fund-raiser!
To all of our wrappers and our gift wrap coordinators, Anne Totenhagen-Johnson and Peg Hanson, you are the best! Thank you for your hours of service.
Area nonprofits had an opportunity to generate much-needed dollars as a result of the generous support of the following, and we thank them all: CherryVale, CBL & Associates, Properties Inc. and staff (special thanks, Mark Peterson and April Carli) and this year’s gift-wrapping sponsors, Burger King (Mark & Christy Malenchik and staff), UAW Local No. 1268 (thanks so much, William Campbell, Mary Scalzitti and Kerrie Haile) and the Illinois Lottery (Tony Seeger and All Terrain Productions, Inc.).
Thank you again to all who made the CherryVale Community Gift Wrap possible and to those who support Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center’s care of terminally-ill individuals and their families.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
From the Jan. 11-17, 2012, issue