- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center thanks shoppers
Every Thursday this holiday season, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center volunteers wrapped gifts for busy CherryVale shoppers.
Thank you to the hundreds of shoppers who stopped by CherryVale’s Community Gift Wrap area and made donations to our organization. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, thank you so very much for making the first donation of the season to our gift-wrapping fund-raiser!
To all of our wrappers and our gift wrap coordinators, Anne Totenhagen-Johnson and Peg Hanson, you are the best! Thank you for your hours of service.
Area nonprofits had an opportunity to generate much-needed dollars as a result of the generous support of the following, and we thank them all: CherryVale, CBL & Associates, Properties Inc. and staff (special thanks, Mark Peterson and April Carli) and this year’s gift-wrapping sponsors, Burger King (Mark & Christy Malenchik and staff), UAW Local No. 1268 (thanks so much, William Campbell, Mary Scalzitti and Kerrie Haile) and the Illinois Lottery (Tony Seeger and All Terrain Productions, Inc.).
Thank you again to all who made the CherryVale Community Gift Wrap possible and to those who support Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center’s care of terminally-ill individuals and their families.
Carol A. Bennett, Executive Director
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center
From the Jan. 11-17, 2012, issue