- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Student artwork on display during Winter Showcase Jan. 12-23 at Octane
Online Staff Report
Some of the community’s most talented teen-age artists will have their work featured during the Rockford Public Schools Winter Showcase Art Exhibit.
The exhibit, which will run from Jan. 12-23, is designed to celebrate students’ creative achievements and expose the public to their talent.
The community is invited to attend an opening reception for the exhibit from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 12, at Octane, 124 N. Main St.
Jan. 13-23, the public can view the pieces during the restaurant’s regular hours, which are 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Sunday; 5-10:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday; and 5-11 p.m., Friday-Saturday.
The exhibit features two- and three-dimensional work, including acrylic, oil, pastel, watercolor, charcoal, graphite, clay, paper relief, digital and found objects. Many of the pieces in the All-Star exhibit are also being entered in regional and state student art competitions.