- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Student artwork on display during Winter Showcase Jan. 12-23 at Octane
Online Staff Report
Some of the community’s most talented teen-age artists will have their work featured during the Rockford Public Schools Winter Showcase Art Exhibit.
The exhibit, which will run from Jan. 12-23, is designed to celebrate students’ creative achievements and expose the public to their talent.
The community is invited to attend an opening reception for the exhibit from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 12, at Octane, 124 N. Main St.
Jan. 13-23, the public can view the pieces during the restaurant’s regular hours, which are 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Sunday; 5-10:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday; and 5-11 p.m., Friday-Saturday.
The exhibit features two- and three-dimensional work, including acrylic, oil, pastel, watercolor, charcoal, graphite, clay, paper relief, digital and found objects. Many of the pieces in the All-Star exhibit are also being entered in regional and state student art competitions.