- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Benefit for hospice nurse battling lung cancer Jan. 14 at Cliffbreakers
Online Staff Report
Colleagues of Heartland Hospice nurse Diane McLain, LPN, will hold a benefit in her honor beginning at 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
The benefit, titled “Life, Laugh, Love for Diane,” will include dinner at 6 p.m. and music by Roscoe at 8 p.m.
McLain, a Rockford-area hospice nurse, inspires her hospice patients and her colleagues. A gentle soul, she lends her quiet strength and comfort to her end-of-life patients while battling lung cancer.
She has undergone chemotherapy treatment and recently participated in a chemotherapy trial, which was not successful. During this time, she has continued to work as a hospice nurse, although she has had to use all of her resources to make ends meet. She would like to consider another trial after the holidays.