- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Benefit for hospice nurse battling lung cancer Jan. 14 at Cliffbreakers
Online Staff Report
Colleagues of Heartland Hospice nurse Diane McLain, LPN, will hold a benefit in her honor beginning at 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
The benefit, titled “Life, Laugh, Love for Diane,” will include dinner at 6 p.m. and music by Roscoe at 8 p.m.
McLain, a Rockford-area hospice nurse, inspires her hospice patients and her colleagues. A gentle soul, she lends her quiet strength and comfort to her end-of-life patients while battling lung cancer.
She has undergone chemotherapy treatment and recently participated in a chemotherapy trial, which was not successful. During this time, she has continued to work as a hospice nurse, although she has had to use all of her resources to make ends meet. She would like to consider another trial after the holidays.