- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Benefit for hospice nurse battling lung cancer Jan. 14 at Cliffbreakers
Online Staff Report
Colleagues of Heartland Hospice nurse Diane McLain, LPN, will hold a benefit in her honor beginning at 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
The benefit, titled “Life, Laugh, Love for Diane,” will include dinner at 6 p.m. and music by Roscoe at 8 p.m.
McLain, a Rockford-area hospice nurse, inspires her hospice patients and her colleagues. A gentle soul, she lends her quiet strength and comfort to her end-of-life patients while battling lung cancer.
She has undergone chemotherapy treatment and recently participated in a chemotherapy trial, which was not successful. During this time, she has continued to work as a hospice nurse, although she has had to use all of her resources to make ends meet. She would like to consider another trial after the holidays.