- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Benefit for hospice nurse battling lung cancer Jan. 14 at Cliffbreakers
Online Staff Report
Colleagues of Heartland Hospice nurse Diane McLain, LPN, will hold a benefit in her honor beginning at 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
The benefit, titled “Life, Laugh, Love for Diane,” will include dinner at 6 p.m. and music by Roscoe at 8 p.m.
McLain, a Rockford-area hospice nurse, inspires her hospice patients and her colleagues. A gentle soul, she lends her quiet strength and comfort to her end-of-life patients while battling lung cancer.
She has undergone chemotherapy treatment and recently participated in a chemotherapy trial, which was not successful. During this time, she has continued to work as a hospice nurse, although she has had to use all of her resources to make ends meet. She would like to consider another trial after the holidays.