- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Benefit for hospice nurse battling lung cancer Jan. 14 at Cliffbreakers
Online Staff Report
Colleagues of Heartland Hospice nurse Diane McLain, LPN, will hold a benefit in her honor beginning at 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 14, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
The benefit, titled “Life, Laugh, Love for Diane,” will include dinner at 6 p.m. and music by Roscoe at 8 p.m.
McLain, a Rockford-area hospice nurse, inspires her hospice patients and her colleagues. A gentle soul, she lends her quiet strength and comfort to her end-of-life patients while battling lung cancer.
She has undergone chemotherapy treatment and recently participated in a chemotherapy trial, which was not successful. During this time, she has continued to work as a hospice nurse, although she has had to use all of her resources to make ends meet. She would like to consider another trial after the holidays.