- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet performs Jan. 21
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra continues its “Season of Fire and Elegance” with the debut performance of the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet.
The performance, Allegro II: “A Brief History of Horn,” is set for 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 21, at Beloit College’s Eaton Chapel, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
Led by horn player John Wunderlin, the quartet seeks to introduce the history of the horn to audiences in a fun and informative way. A slideshow presentation will be interspersed with some of the most beautiful chamber works in the repertoire of classical music.
At the conclusion of the performance, the quartet will present an “Instrumental Petting Zoo.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID. For those with a season subscription to the symphony, additional adult tickets are $10.
For ticket and season subscription information, call (608) 313-1200 or visit www.BeloitJanesvilleSymphony.org.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue