- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet performs Jan. 21
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra continues its “Season of Fire and Elegance” with the debut performance of the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet.
The performance, Allegro II: “A Brief History of Horn,” is set for 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 21, at Beloit College’s Eaton Chapel, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
Led by horn player John Wunderlin, the quartet seeks to introduce the history of the horn to audiences in a fun and informative way. A slideshow presentation will be interspersed with some of the most beautiful chamber works in the repertoire of classical music.
At the conclusion of the performance, the quartet will present an “Instrumental Petting Zoo.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID. For those with a season subscription to the symphony, additional adult tickets are $10.
For ticket and season subscription information, call (608) 313-1200 or visit www.BeloitJanesvilleSymphony.org.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue