- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet performs Jan. 21
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra continues its “Season of Fire and Elegance” with the debut performance of the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet.
The performance, Allegro II: “A Brief History of Horn,” is set for 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 21, at Beloit College’s Eaton Chapel, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
Led by horn player John Wunderlin, the quartet seeks to introduce the history of the horn to audiences in a fun and informative way. A slideshow presentation will be interspersed with some of the most beautiful chamber works in the repertoire of classical music.
At the conclusion of the performance, the quartet will present an “Instrumental Petting Zoo.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID. For those with a season subscription to the symphony, additional adult tickets are $10.
For ticket and season subscription information, call (608) 313-1200 or visit www.BeloitJanesvilleSymphony.org.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue