- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet performs Jan. 21
BELOIT, Wis. — The Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra continues its “Season of Fire and Elegance” with the debut performance of the Beloit Janesville Symphony Orchestra French Horn Quartet.
The performance, Allegro II: “A Brief History of Horn,” is set for 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 21, at Beloit College’s Eaton Chapel, 700 College St., Beloit, Wis.
Led by horn player John Wunderlin, the quartet seeks to introduce the history of the horn to audiences in a fun and informative way. A slideshow presentation will be interspersed with some of the most beautiful chamber works in the repertoire of classical music.
At the conclusion of the performance, the quartet will present an “Instrumental Petting Zoo.”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students with a valid student ID. For those with a season subscription to the symphony, additional adult tickets are $10.
For ticket and season subscription information, call (608) 313-1200 or visit www.BeloitJanesvilleSymphony.org.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue