Interim superintendent speaks at Jan. 19 Chamber dinner
Rockford Public School District 205 Interim Superintendent Robert Willis will outline the district’s “Readiness Rocks!” initiatives during the annual Chamber of Commerce dinner, which begins at 6 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 19, at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
During his address, Dr. Willis will announce plans for newly-formed community partnerships and describe how commitment from those partners and efforts by the district will create a world-class learning environment that prepares students to compete in a global economy.
The five Readiness Rocks (listed below) are the foundation for improving and enhancing the school district as it moves forward. These initiatives will put Rockford Public Schools in a position to lead the nation in progressive educational philosophies, teaching methods, resources and student incentives.
1. College & Career Readiness
• College and career readiness benchmarks for all students
• Professional learning communities teaching structure
• High school academies
• Post-secondary education partners
2. Seven Periods to Success (for secondary students)
• Expand dual credit offerings
• Expand fine arts, electives and enrichment offerings
• Provide additional support for struggling students
3. 21st Century Learning Environment
• 10-year facilities plan
• Technology enhancements
4. Preschool for All
• Incrementally expand preschool programs to reach all district children
5. College for All
• Financial assistance to qualifying students for career or College programs
For more about the event, go to http://rockfordilcoc.weblinkconnect.com/cwt/External/WCPages/WCEvents/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1061.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue
Print This Article