- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Park District offers indoor golf clinics through March 14
Adult golfers ages 18 and older who want to improve their game in time for the spring season are invited to sign up for Rockford Park District indoor golf clinics scheduled Jan. 16-March 14.
The 50-minute group lessons meet Monday afternoons, 12:30-1:20 p.m. or 1:30-2:20 p.m., at the Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, and are taught by PGA members and apprentices.
Attend all, some, or one — each clinic will focus on a specific type of shot or skill: Wedges, Irons, Woods, Accuracy and Full Swing.
Fees are $20 per clinic ($23 non-resident). Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now) or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at either Park District Customer Service location (downtown Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
Registration will close as capacities are reached.
A schedule of all clinics and topics, as well as a registration form, are included in the Winter/Spring 2012 Program Guide available on the Park District website, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800. For information about support or adapted golf programs for golfers with disabilities or special needs, call (815) 987-8800.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue