- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford-area Catholic women honored
Sunday, Jan. 29, the Rockford Deanery Council of Catholic Women will hold its 20th Annual Woman of the Year Banquet at Cliffbreakers Restaurant in Rockford. This dinner honors women who have been selected by their own parishes for outstanding long-term service in the parish and/or community.
Nineteen women from the Rockford Deanery will be honored this year. Those receiving special recognition are as follows:
St. James, Belvidere: Norma Stein; St. Mary, Byron: Mary Ann Bukoski; St. Mary/St. Patrick, Durand, Irish Grove: Sue Cocoma; St. Bridget, Loves Park: Patti Bishop; St. Mary, Pecatonica: Margaret Bauch; Holy Family, Rockford: Sue Sabrowski; St. Anthony of Padua, Rockford: Marie Falzone; St. Bernadette, Rockford: Phyllis Lee; St. Edward, Rockford: Elaine Grygiel; St. James, Rockford: Nancy Snow; St. Mary’s Oratory, Rockford: Danuta Barnhart; St. Patrick, Rockford: Anne Murphy and Patricia Stahl; Cathedral of St. Peter, Rockford: Jean Czerniewski; SS Peter and Paul, Rockford: Maria Teresa Garza; St. Rita, Rockford: Mary Fehrle; St. Stanislaus Kostka, Rockford: Anna Bratko; Church of the Holy Spirit, Roscoe: Clare Hughes; and St. Peter, South Beloit: Junie Pospischil.
A social hour will be at 5 p.m., followed by dinner at 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend. Cost of the meal is $30 per person. Dinner choices are: Herb Crusted Tilapia and Beef Wellington or Vegetarian Lasagna. The children’s selection is Chicken Fingers and Fries for $13 per child (ages 4-10). Reservations can be made at each parish or by calling Angie Kelly at (815) 964-4284 by Friday, Jan. 20.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue