- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting Feb. 3 at Freeport Art Museum
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum’s (FAM) 20th Annual Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting is set for 6-9 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3, at the museum.
The event will feature a variety of fine wines, world-class cheeses and decadent chocolates. All guests will receive a commemorative wine glass. A silent auction featuring specialty wine, cheese and chocolate gifts will also be held.
More than 250 people attended last year’s event, raising $6,000 for the museum. Proceeds from the event support FAM’s mission to promote art and culture in Freeport and northwest Illinois. The museum supports artists, exhibitions and its collection through fund-raising, special gatherings and educational events.
Tickets for the event are $20 for members; $23 for non-members; and $25 at the door. New museum members receive one free ticket to the Wine, Cheese & Chocolate Tasting. If you are already a member, you will be eligible to receive two free tickets to the event simply by giving the gift of a family or sponsor level membership to a friend.
FAM is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill., and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Tours may be scheduled by calling (815) 235-9755. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
From the Jan. 18-24, 2012, issue