- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Auditions for Woodstock production of ‘Annie Get Your Gun’ set for Jan. 29-30
• Nine women, 12 men and three children are needed for April and May performances
WOODSTOCK, Ill. — Auditions for Woodstock Musical Theatre Company’s production of Annie Get Your Gun will be Sunday and Monday, Jan. 29-30.
Auditions for children ages 10-14 are from 6 to 7 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 29; auditions for adults ages 16 and older are from 7 to 9 p.m., Sunday and Monday, Jan. 29-30, at the Woodstock Opera House, stage door entrance. All adults and children will read from the script, sing and learn a short dance routine.
Eleven performances will run April 13-15, 20-22 and 27-29, and May 4-5. Shows will be at 8 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, and 3 p.m., Sundays. Tech week begins Monday, April 9.
Artistic Director Roger Zawacki, Vocal Director Kevin Goss and Choreographer Angie Kells need a cast of 24. Auditionees will be asked to read from the script, sing 32 bars of an up-tempo song from a musical of their choice, and dance.
No appointment is necessary, no parts are precast and no fees are required. Cast members pay a refundable deposit of $25 for their script and supply their own make-up and shoes.
Rehearsals will be in Woodstock at the Opera House or SARA three to four evenings a week. Actors are scheduled only for the days they are needed to make best use of time.
Roles needed include nine women with age ranges of 17-60, 12 men with age ranges of 17-55, and three children will approximate ages of 10, 12 and 14 who must all sing and dance, have lines and solo parts in songs.
Woodstock Opera House is at 121 E. Van Buren St., Woodstock, Ill.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue