- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Book tells story of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer
Author and speaker Gloriann Dawson released her second book, Chloe Tales, in late November 2011.
Chloe Tales is the heart-warming and funny story of Rockford’s first K-9 hospice volunteer and the pioneer of the hospice pet visitor program for Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center. The story is told by Chloe, through her best friend and handler, Gloriann.
She tells about her growing up and training for obedience competition and then training for therapy dog work and the events that got her and Gloriann volunteering with hospice.
Her life was not always easy as she had several obstacles to overcome, but with her love for Gloriann and their faith, she got through each one and went on to give comfort to the terminally ill and bring a smile to many faces.
This book, as well as Gloriann’s first book, One Daughter’s Story, can be purchased through Amazon.com and Kindle. Follow Gloriann on her blog at www.gloriannchatter.com or on Twitter @GloriannDawson.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue