- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 6
The Heart Hospital at SwedishAmerican Hospital will present the 17th annual “Cardiology Millennium Conference” Monday, Feb. 6, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Conference Center, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The special one-day conference explores many of the latest developments in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Primary care physicians, cardiovascular specialists, nurses, technical staff and social workers can earn CNE, CME, ASRT, LCSW, LCPC and LCC credits by attending the conference.
For more details or to register, call (815) 968-2500 or (800) 996-9954, or visit http://www.swedishamerican.org/heart_hospital/cardiology_millennium/.
The conference kicks off with Dr. Lucian Lozonschi, Dr. Giorgio Gimelli and Dr. Amish Raval, pioneers in transcatheter heart valve therapies, cardiovascular stem cell and regenerative medicine, and robotic and minimally invasive cardiovascular surgeries at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Jack Barker, a nationally-known expert on creating a culture of safety and process improvement through the adaptation of aviation safety tools, and Tilda Shalof, best-selling author and ICU nurse whose latest book details her own open-heart surgery and recovery, are also featured.
In addition, local and area physicians will speak about other cardiac-related topics such as peripheral arterial disease, appropriate treatments for elderly patients, atrial fibrillation therapies and the diabetes-heart disease connection.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue