- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Groundhog Gala at Sycamore’s Midwest Museum of Natural History
SYCAMORE, Ill. — Woodchuck, land beaver, whistle pig — groundhogs go by many names. From 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 28, the Midwest Museum of Natural History will tip its hat to this mighty marmot during its fourth annual Groundhog Gala.
Guests will enjoy a fabulous evening complete with music, exhibitors, a silent auction, open bar and treats from around the world. Snack on authentic Mexican fare from Taxco while enjoying African drumming, chat with a dinosaur expert as you sample wine from across the globe. Sip on unique coffee while learning about its origin from an expert with South Street Coffee, and much more.
The Groundhog Gala is the museum’s largest fund-raiser of the year, and all proceeds support educational programming, live animal care, museum operations, and community outreach.
Tickets for the event are $30 each or two for $50; stop by the museum or call (815) 895-9777 to reserve a ticket.
Midwest Museum of Natural History, 425 W. State St., Sycamore, Ill., is a nonprofit organization. To learn more about the museum and upcoming events, visit www.mmnh.org.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue