- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Literary Hook: Wednesday Writers hosts reading at Barnes & Noble Feb. 25
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I am pleased to announce that the Wednesday Writers, a group I have been facilitating for several years, will have their debut public reading this month. The group has been honing and expanding their poetry writing skills and have become their own little tour de force with a range of styles and content sure to engage.
Barnes & Noble at CherryVale, 7200 Harrison Ave., will host the reading at 2 p.m., Feb. 25.
Wednesday Writers will include Alice Fox, Carol Fox, Valerie Jewell, Betsy Jenkins and Bill Zartman. Special appearance with David Gecic, Chicago publisher of Puddin’head Books. The event will end with a preview reading of my forthcoming book, The Alleluia Tree, with a formal event to follow in April (TBA).
Questions, phone Sherry Zabikow at (815) 332-3069.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue