- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Literary Hook: Wednesday Writers hosts reading at Barnes & Noble Feb. 25
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I am pleased to announce that the Wednesday Writers, a group I have been facilitating for several years, will have their debut public reading this month. The group has been honing and expanding their poetry writing skills and have become their own little tour de force with a range of styles and content sure to engage.
Barnes & Noble at CherryVale, 7200 Harrison Ave., will host the reading at 2 p.m., Feb. 25.
Wednesday Writers will include Alice Fox, Carol Fox, Valerie Jewell, Betsy Jenkins and Bill Zartman. Special appearance with David Gecic, Chicago publisher of Puddin’head Books. The event will end with a preview reading of my forthcoming book, The Alleluia Tree, with a formal event to follow in April (TBA).
Questions, phone Sherry Zabikow at (815) 332-3069.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue