- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Literary Hook: Wednesday Writers hosts reading at Barnes & Noble Feb. 25
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I am pleased to announce that the Wednesday Writers, a group I have been facilitating for several years, will have their debut public reading this month. The group has been honing and expanding their poetry writing skills and have become their own little tour de force with a range of styles and content sure to engage.
Barnes & Noble at CherryVale, 7200 Harrison Ave., will host the reading at 2 p.m., Feb. 25.
Wednesday Writers will include Alice Fox, Carol Fox, Valerie Jewell, Betsy Jenkins and Bill Zartman. Special appearance with David Gecic, Chicago publisher of Puddin’head Books. The event will end with a preview reading of my forthcoming book, The Alleluia Tree, with a formal event to follow in April (TBA).
Questions, phone Sherry Zabikow at (815) 332-3069.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue