- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Literary Hook: Wednesday Writers hosts reading at Barnes & Noble Feb. 25
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
I am pleased to announce that the Wednesday Writers, a group I have been facilitating for several years, will have their debut public reading this month. The group has been honing and expanding their poetry writing skills and have become their own little tour de force with a range of styles and content sure to engage.
Barnes & Noble at CherryVale, 7200 Harrison Ave., will host the reading at 2 p.m., Feb. 25.
Wednesday Writers will include Alice Fox, Carol Fox, Valerie Jewell, Betsy Jenkins and Bill Zartman. Special appearance with David Gecic, Chicago publisher of Puddin’head Books. The event will end with a preview reading of my forthcoming book, The Alleluia Tree, with a formal event to follow in April (TBA).
Questions, phone Sherry Zabikow at (815) 332-3069.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue