- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Park District offers ice skating, hockey lessons
Rockford Park District wants to help you learn to ice skate, improve your skating skills, or learn to play hockey.
The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3-adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn the skills to enjoy ice sports recreation for a lifetime.
Six-week group sessions are offered for beginner, intermediate and advanced skill levels, and meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30 to 60 minutes, with skates provided; the next sessions begin the week of Feb. 16.
For skaters interested in additional advanced training, private lessons are also available from the professional figure skating and hockey coaching staff of the Park District’s ice facilities.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs, and will continue until capacity is reached. Fee assistance for group lessons may be available to those meeting program qualifications.
Registrations are taken online at rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by mail, fax or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Registration information and class descriptions, schedules and fees are available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), in the Park District’s Winter/Spring 2012 Youth/Adult Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800.
For information about support and adapted sports programs for skaters and hockey players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue