- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockford Dance Company presents the classic ‘Hansel and Gretel’ Jan. 28
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will present a modern adaptation of the classic story Hansel and Gretel at 2 and 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 28, at the Sullivan Center, 118 N. Main St., Rockford.
Tickets, $10, can be purchased by calling (815) 963-3341.
Hansel and Gretel is RDC’s third production under the concept of children’s dance theater. The show will last 50 to 60 minutes and will provide accessible entertainment through storytelling dance.
Robert McKee has combined music by Engelbert Humperdinck, South German Philharmonic, Paul Barnes and Edvart Grieg with intense movement and an imaginative cast of characters. Hansel, Gretel and the witch are joined by the Wood Goddess, Gingerbread Guards and Angels.
McKee, a graduate of Point Park University and former company member of Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago, has had an interest in teaching and choreography since a very young age. Influenced by percussive rhythms and dynamic shapes, he finds himself always inspired to create.
McKee is on faculty at the Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago, as well as teaches throughout the Chicago area. He has worked with The Giordano Project, McDonald Dance Academy, Barrington High School, Northshore School of Dance Performing Ensemble, Giordano Juniors, the Giordano on Giordano choreography showcase, Brookfield Riverside High School and Northern Illinois University.
RDC is a nonprofit pre-professional dance company. Established in 1981, the school of the RDC serves more than 600 students each year and provides a variety of dance classes year round to students ages 3 to senior citizen. The company’s offices and studios are inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. Visit rockforddancecompany.com for more information.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue