- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Soulicit performs at Bar 3 Jan. 26
Hard rockers Soulicit will be joined by Anew Revolution, Anchored, Case In Point and Marquette at Rockford’s Bar 3, 326 E. State St., beginning at 8 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 26. Tickets are $10.
Hailing from the nation’s “Air Capital” of Wichita, Kan., Soulicit brings their own American hard rock to the stage. Composed of lead vocalist/guitarist Darick Parson, lead guitarist/vocalist Dan “The Danimal” Weaver, bassist/vocalist Andrew Weaver and drummer Trent Boehner, Soulicit boasts years of main stage experience.
Together since 2002, the band has gained praise from fans all over the world through their catchy songs and straightforward guitar-driven hard rock.
Sharing festival main stages with the likes of Buckcherry, Fuel, Flaw, Anew Revolution, Pop Evil, Texas Hippie Coalition, Twisted Sister and Styx, the Soulicit sound is on a national level.
In September 2011, Soulicit inked a deal with Thermal Entertainment based out of Greenville, S.C. The work began immediately as the band just wrapped up recording their first full-length label release titled Parking Lot Rockstar, produced by Brett Hestla (Dark New Day, Creed, Virgos Merlot).
2012 has Soulicit on the road in support of the new record and bringing them to cities across the country. In December 2011, the band announced their 2012 Winter tour with Anew Revolution and Anchored. This 22-date tour will take them all over the nation in support of their new release.
For more about the band, visit www.soulicitrock.com. Bar 3 can be reached at (815) 968-9061.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue