- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Soulicit performs at Bar 3 Jan. 26
Hard rockers Soulicit will be joined by Anew Revolution, Anchored, Case In Point and Marquette at Rockford’s Bar 3, 326 E. State St., beginning at 8 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 26. Tickets are $10.
Hailing from the nation’s “Air Capital” of Wichita, Kan., Soulicit brings their own American hard rock to the stage. Composed of lead vocalist/guitarist Darick Parson, lead guitarist/vocalist Dan “The Danimal” Weaver, bassist/vocalist Andrew Weaver and drummer Trent Boehner, Soulicit boasts years of main stage experience.
Together since 2002, the band has gained praise from fans all over the world through their catchy songs and straightforward guitar-driven hard rock.
Sharing festival main stages with the likes of Buckcherry, Fuel, Flaw, Anew Revolution, Pop Evil, Texas Hippie Coalition, Twisted Sister and Styx, the Soulicit sound is on a national level.
In September 2011, Soulicit inked a deal with Thermal Entertainment based out of Greenville, S.C. The work began immediately as the band just wrapped up recording their first full-length label release titled Parking Lot Rockstar, produced by Brett Hestla (Dark New Day, Creed, Virgos Merlot).
2012 has Soulicit on the road in support of the new record and bringing them to cities across the country. In December 2011, the band announced their 2012 Winter tour with Anew Revolution and Anchored. This 22-date tour will take them all over the nation in support of their new release.
For more about the band, visit www.soulicitrock.com. Bar 3 can be reached at (815) 968-9061.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue