- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Youth Baseball: Scarpetta holds pitching lessons at Wallbangers
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford RiverHawks pitcher and Rockton native Brett Scarpetta is holding pitching lessons from now through the end of April at Wallbangers Academy in Loves Park.
Scarpetta is offering half-hour sessions for $35 for anybody interested in improving their pitching skills in preparation for the spring and summer seasons. All ages are welcome, and Scarpetta is filling sessions on a first-come, first-serve basis.
“My lessons will cater to everyone’s individual needs,” Scarpetta said. “Whether you are looking to improve your overall pitching ability or master your command of a particular pitch, I can help you get ready for 2012.”
Scarpetta, 25, is entering his fifth professional season and second with the RiverHawks. He has a 31-18 career record in 76 games and 67 starts.
Scarpetta is also the pitching coach for Rock Valley College.
“Coaching at RVC has given me the opportunity to work with many young pitchers in the Rockford community,” he said. “I am excited to work with a group of new players, and become more involved in the community through my lessons at Wallbangers this winter.”
For more details and to sign up, contact Scarpetta at (815) 543-0708.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league that will play its 20th season in 2012. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue