- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Youth Baseball: Scarpetta holds pitching lessons at Wallbangers
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford RiverHawks pitcher and Rockton native Brett Scarpetta is holding pitching lessons from now through the end of April at Wallbangers Academy in Loves Park.
Scarpetta is offering half-hour sessions for $35 for anybody interested in improving their pitching skills in preparation for the spring and summer seasons. All ages are welcome, and Scarpetta is filling sessions on a first-come, first-serve basis.
“My lessons will cater to everyone’s individual needs,” Scarpetta said. “Whether you are looking to improve your overall pitching ability or master your command of a particular pitch, I can help you get ready for 2012.”
Scarpetta, 25, is entering his fifth professional season and second with the RiverHawks. He has a 31-18 career record in 76 games and 67 starts.
Scarpetta is also the pitching coach for Rock Valley College.
“Coaching at RVC has given me the opportunity to work with many young pitchers in the Rockford community,” he said. “I am excited to work with a group of new players, and become more involved in the community through my lessons at Wallbangers this winter.”
For more details and to sign up, contact Scarpetta at (815) 543-0708.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league that will play its 20th season in 2012. Advertising and season ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Jan. 25-31, 2012, issue