- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Overturned semitrailer closes one lane of U.S. Route 20 in Jo Daviess County
Online Staff Report
At about 5:39 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 26, Illinois State Police responded to an overturned truck-tractor semitrailer on U.S. Route 20 about a half-mile west of Center Road in Jo Daviess County.
The investigation found a blue 2005 International truck-tractor pulling a white Utility semitrailer, driven by Daniel Wedeking, 58, of Spirit Lake, Iowa, was traveling east on U.S. Route 20. The truck-tractor semitrailer left the roadway and Wedeking attempted to steer the vehicle back onto the road. The vehicle then overturned in the south ditch.
Wedeking was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured during the crash. Wedeking did suffer a non-life threatening injury as he attempted to exit the overturned vehicle. Wedeking was transported to the Midwest Medical Center in Galena, Ill., by the Elizabeth Ambulance.
Wedeking’s trailer remained intact after overturning, and none of the load of shaved pork was spilled. The vehicle has not been removed from the crash scene and one lane of U.S. Route 20 remains closed. The highway is expected to be open with the vehicle removed by late this evening.
Wedeking was issued a citation for improper lane usage. Assisting agencies include: Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Office, Elizabeth Fire Department, Elizabeth Ambulance and Illinois Department of Transportation.