- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Illinois State Police Trooper honored by VFW
Illinois State Police District 16 Commander Lt. Jeff Bain recently announced Trooper Brent Massingill was honored at the VFW Annual Law Enforcement Night Award Ceremony.
Massingill served with the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Office for three years before becoming an Illinois State Trooper in 2004. He has served as District 16’s Safety Education Officer (SEO) since April 1, 2007. Massingill’s primary duties include delivering safety presentations about various topics to groups throughout District 16. Massingill has given safe driving presentations at nearly every high school in District 16 and reached nearly 52,000 people in 2011 with safety messages. Massingill also serves as the public information officer for District 16, having given more than 100 media interviews in 2011.
Massingill’s patrol efforts resulted in nearly 150 enforcement contacts in 2011. These contacts include 10 criminal arrests and 17 citations for failing to secure a child in a child safety seat.
Massingill has been one of several troopers presented with an Illinois Department of Transportation Award for his efforts in removing impaired motorists from the road. Massingill was honored for reaching the 75 DUI arrest milestone since joining the Illinois State Police. Massingill has made more than 130 DUI arrests throughout his career.
He serves as a field training officer for District 16 as well as being a field recruiter and child seat safety technician.
From the Feb. 1-7, 2012, issue