- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Jamie Kindleyside and Andrew Holm at JustGoods Feb. 3
Online Staff Report
Jamie Kindleyside and JustGoods favorite Andrew Holm met at an apartment co-op in Madison, Wis.; they’ve been close friends ever since. The two later moved to Nashville, Tenn., where Jamie currently resides. His schedule finally meshed with JustGoods, and the two friends will both do a set at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St. These will include some improv duets. Some other guest players may participate.
Here’s what critics have said about Jamie’s music:
“Every once in a while, you find yourself lucky enough to sit in a bar and watch a musician plan, and have the presence of mind to realize that you are witnessing a future legend. It occurs to you that the very show you are attending will be talked about years later by people who will come to be hardcore fans. Such was the feeling I had while I was watching Jamie Kindleyside play. …” — Josh Clark, editor/critic, Washboard Weekly, Johnson City, Texas
“Kindleyside’s voice is gently gravelly, just on the smooth side of Steve Earle. He also has a fantastic picking style which combines the Delta blues picking of folks like Mississippi John Hurt and the more modern style of Jorma Kaukonen or Leo Kotke … Kindleyside’s songs stand up to the best in folk and Americana right now…” — Watauga Mountain Times, Boone, N.C.
“… a voice like frayed velvet and a cache of original, fingerpicked tunes that ring with future-classics familiarity even on the first listen.” — Melanie McGee, critic, Mountain Xpress, Asheville, N.C.