- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Running: Registration under way for Oct. 13 Stone Bridge Trail Marathon
• Course has been certified as a USATF Boston Marathon qualifying course; registration is $80 through Oct. 5, $90 after
ROSCOE, Ill. — Registration is under way for the Third Annual YMCA Stone Bridge Trail Marathon, set for 7 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 13. Race registration closes at 200 runners.
The Stone Bridge Trail is open year-round for training. Runners can practice their marathon plan all summer long in their own back yard. The friendly confines of the trail provide great protection from the elements.
The race, sponsored by the SwedishAmerican Foundation, will begin at the Belvidere Family YMCA, run along country roads to the Stone Bridge Trail path. It ends 26.2 miles later in Leland Park in Roscoe, Ill.
The course has been certified as a USATF Boston Marathon qualifying course (IL-10094-JW). The male course record held by Steven Hogan is 3:05:39. The female course record-holder is Katey Collins with a 3:51.14.
Two 5K runs, sponsored by Alpine Bank, will be held in conjunction with the marathon. Both the Belvidere Family YMCA and Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe will start the 3.1-mile runs at 8:30 a.m. while the marathon runners are on the course.
Registration for the marathon is $80 through Oct. 5. It increases to $90 Oct. 6. The registration fee for each 5K run is $25 through Oct. 5, then increases to $30.
All race proceeds benefit the local participating YMCA’s Strong Kids Fund.
For more details, visit www.ymcastonebridgemarathon.org or call Marianne Eshleman at the Stateline Family YMCA in Roscoe at (815) 623-5858.
From the Feb. 1-7, 2012, issue