- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
The LustKillers kick off U.S. tour at Kryptonite Feb. 3
Postpunk rock group The LustKillers will kick off their 4,000-mile U.S. tour with an 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3, performance at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford.
The LustKillers are known for their “familiar but fresh” form of postpunk rock ’n’ roll. Their music displays a formidable, dynamic combination of musicianship and song craft while equally delivering an edgy, tight and energetic experience in the live forum.
In preparation for their forthcoming release, That Which Does Not Kill Us …, the band will be touring 20 cities and covering 4,000 miles this February. A limited-edition CD single, “Revenge,” from the album will only be available for sale on this tour.
In 2003, frontman Adam Becvare was recruited by founding member Brian James (the Damned) to replace late legendary punk Stiv Bators in Lords of the New Church.
This LustKillers February Tour runs from Chicago to California and back, and sees the addition of bassman Mike “Corsh” Cortichiato from Chicago’s very own Van Buren Boys.
Kryptonite Bar can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Feb. 1-7, 2012, issue