- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
The LustKillers kick off U.S. tour at Kryptonite Feb. 3
Postpunk rock group The LustKillers will kick off their 4,000-mile U.S. tour with an 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3, performance at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford.
The LustKillers are known for their “familiar but fresh” form of postpunk rock ’n’ roll. Their music displays a formidable, dynamic combination of musicianship and song craft while equally delivering an edgy, tight and energetic experience in the live forum.
In preparation for their forthcoming release, That Which Does Not Kill Us …, the band will be touring 20 cities and covering 4,000 miles this February. A limited-edition CD single, “Revenge,” from the album will only be available for sale on this tour.
In 2003, frontman Adam Becvare was recruited by founding member Brian James (the Damned) to replace late legendary punk Stiv Bators in Lords of the New Church.
This LustKillers February Tour runs from Chicago to California and back, and sees the addition of bassman Mike “Corsh” Cortichiato from Chicago’s very own Van Buren Boys.
Kryptonite Bar can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Feb. 1-7, 2012, issue