- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
The LustKillers kick off U.S. tour at Kryptonite Feb. 3
Postpunk rock group The LustKillers will kick off their 4,000-mile U.S. tour with an 8 p.m., Friday, Feb. 3, performance at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford.
The LustKillers are known for their “familiar but fresh” form of postpunk rock ’n’ roll. Their music displays a formidable, dynamic combination of musicianship and song craft while equally delivering an edgy, tight and energetic experience in the live forum.
In preparation for their forthcoming release, That Which Does Not Kill Us …, the band will be touring 20 cities and covering 4,000 miles this February. A limited-edition CD single, “Revenge,” from the album will only be available for sale on this tour.
In 2003, frontman Adam Becvare was recruited by founding member Brian James (the Damned) to replace late legendary punk Stiv Bators in Lords of the New Church.
This LustKillers February Tour runs from Chicago to California and back, and sees the addition of bassman Mike “Corsh” Cortichiato from Chicago’s very own Van Buren Boys.
Kryptonite Bar can be reached at (815) 965-0931.
From the Feb. 1-7, 2012, issue