- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Accupuncturist brings practice to Janesville, Wis.
Steven Rosenthal, M.Sci, L,Ac, CAc, operates the Community Acupuncture & Wellness Center in Olde Town Mall, 20 Main St., Suite 12, Janesville, Wis. The center specializes in pain management, stress relief and natural healing.
Rosenthal comes from California, which has approximately 15,000 acupuncturists, and wanted to bring this form of medicine to the Midwest and make it affordable to ordinary working people.
He said: “I began learning and practicing natural health therapies in the mid-1970s. I overcame many of my own health issues and was asked to help others. I have always been a problem-solver; my undergraduate degrees are in fields like engineering and design. So, I constantly work to improve my success in treating people’s health problems. … I earned a graduate degree in Oriental medicine and studied with some of the ‘living legends’ in the field.”
The business offers a $15-$35 sliding scale fee, with a $10 paperwork fee on the first visit. Pain, stress and health problems are treated naturally without the potential risks of drugs or surgery where these are not absolutely necessary. He uses hair-fine needles and has just introduced painless “cold laser” therapy, which is FDA approved.
People come to this clinic from as far away as Rockford and Fort Atkinson, Wis. Rosenthal said, “There is no one offering the services I do at this price until you get to Madison, Milwaukee or Chicago, where I have associates who run similar clinics.” He plans to open a second clinic, probably in Rockford, and would like to hire a second acupuncturist. He also wants to bring in traditional Chinese herbal medicine to boost the power of acupuncture and laser therapy even further.
To make an appointment, call (608) 322-4408. For more information, go to the website www.community-acuwellness.com.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue