- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Barnes & Noble book fair to benefit The Music Academy
The Music Academy (TMA) will participate in a book fair at Barnes & Noble in CherryVale Mall from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Cello, violin and flute students will perform, and demonstration classes will be held during the event.
The fair benefits TMA’s scholarship, financial aid and professional development fund.
Book fair vouchers are available from TMA at Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, and also can be downloaded from www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
TMA is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue