- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Barnes & Noble book fair to benefit The Music Academy
The Music Academy (TMA) will participate in a book fair at Barnes & Noble in CherryVale Mall from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Cello, violin and flute students will perform, and demonstration classes will be held during the event.
The fair benefits TMA’s scholarship, financial aid and professional development fund.
Book fair vouchers are available from TMA at Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, and also can be downloaded from www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
TMA is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue