- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Barnes & Noble book fair to benefit The Music Academy
The Music Academy (TMA) will participate in a book fair at Barnes & Noble in CherryVale Mall from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Cello, violin and flute students will perform, and demonstration classes will be held during the event.
The fair benefits TMA’s scholarship, financial aid and professional development fund.
Book fair vouchers are available from TMA at Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, and also can be downloaded from www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
TMA is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue