- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Barnes & Noble book fair to benefit The Music Academy
The Music Academy (TMA) will participate in a book fair at Barnes & Noble in CherryVale Mall from noon to 5 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Cello, violin and flute students will perform, and demonstration classes will be held during the event.
The fair benefits TMA’s scholarship, financial aid and professional development fund.
Book fair vouchers are available from TMA at Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church, and also can be downloaded from www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
TMA is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts.
For more information, call (815) 986-0037.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue