- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Feb. 12 wine-tasting to benefit Discovery Center Museum
Perfect your palette and hone your senses for Corks & Conversation — a wine-tasting event hosted by the Discovery Center from 4 to 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12, at Ciao Bella Restaurant, 6500 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
Connoisseurs and amateurs will be pleased to sample wines from around the world and nibble an array of delectable appetizers and desserts from Ciao Bella. The event will also feature a silent auction and balloon burst. Dress is casual.
Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Discovery Center at (815) 972-2839 or logging on to http://discoverycentermuseum.org/happening/corks.asp. Deadline is Friday, Feb. 10. Proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits at Discovery Center.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17), and free to children age 1 and younger, as well as museum members. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue