- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Feb. 12 wine-tasting to benefit Discovery Center Museum
Perfect your palette and hone your senses for Corks & Conversation — a wine-tasting event hosted by the Discovery Center from 4 to 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12, at Ciao Bella Restaurant, 6500 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
Connoisseurs and amateurs will be pleased to sample wines from around the world and nibble an array of delectable appetizers and desserts from Ciao Bella. The event will also feature a silent auction and balloon burst. Dress is casual.
Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Discovery Center at (815) 972-2839 or logging on to http://discoverycentermuseum.org/happening/corks.asp. Deadline is Friday, Feb. 10. Proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits at Discovery Center.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17), and free to children age 1 and younger, as well as museum members. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue