- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Feb. 12 wine-tasting to benefit Discovery Center Museum
Perfect your palette and hone your senses for Corks & Conversation — a wine-tasting event hosted by the Discovery Center from 4 to 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12, at Ciao Bella Restaurant, 6500 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
Connoisseurs and amateurs will be pleased to sample wines from around the world and nibble an array of delectable appetizers and desserts from Ciao Bella. The event will also feature a silent auction and balloon burst. Dress is casual.
Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Discovery Center at (815) 972-2839 or logging on to http://discoverycentermuseum.org/happening/corks.asp. Deadline is Friday, Feb. 10. Proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits at Discovery Center.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17), and free to children age 1 and younger, as well as museum members. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue