- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Feb. 12 wine-tasting to benefit Discovery Center Museum
Perfect your palette and hone your senses for Corks & Conversation — a wine-tasting event hosted by the Discovery Center from 4 to 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12, at Ciao Bella Restaurant, 6500 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
Connoisseurs and amateurs will be pleased to sample wines from around the world and nibble an array of delectable appetizers and desserts from Ciao Bella. The event will also feature a silent auction and balloon burst. Dress is casual.
Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations can be made by calling Discovery Center at (815) 972-2839 or logging on to http://discoverycentermuseum.org/happening/corks.asp. Deadline is Friday, Feb. 10. Proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits at Discovery Center.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17), and free to children age 1 and younger, as well as museum members. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue