- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Fur Ball, a fund-raiser for PAWS Humane Society, Feb. 11
PAWS Humane Society will hold its Fourth Annual Fur Ball Dinner Dance Fund-raising Gala Saturday, Feb. 11.
The event — at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford — will begin at 5:30 p.m. with cocktails. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m., and a live auction will begin at 8 p.m. with autographed memorabilia, spa services, resort trips and more. Silent auction, raffle and dancing will complete the evening.
According to Fur Ball Chairman Luan Dean, a significant announcement will also be made at the event.
“We have a BIG, BIG, BIG announcement this year that will have a BIG impact on the animal community in the Rockford and surrounding areas,” Dean said in a release. “This is one event you don’t want to miss. All proceeds from the Fur Ball event help benefit PAWS Humane Society, which is a great organization.”
PAWS Humane Society is a local nonprofit animal group that does not have a shelter and is often confused with Winnebago County Animal Services on North Main Street. The main focus of the group is spay/neuter assistance, adoption, humane education to the public and schools, and emergency animal welfare relief. The group receives no government or local county funding but works merely on donations and the efforts of their own fund-raising.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue