- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
- Leaders back Lincoln historic expansion
Fur Ball, a fund-raiser for PAWS Humane Society, Feb. 11
PAWS Humane Society will hold its Fourth Annual Fur Ball Dinner Dance Fund-raising Gala Saturday, Feb. 11.
The event — at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford — will begin at 5:30 p.m. with cocktails. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m., and a live auction will begin at 8 p.m. with autographed memorabilia, spa services, resort trips and more. Silent auction, raffle and dancing will complete the evening.
According to Fur Ball Chairman Luan Dean, a significant announcement will also be made at the event.
“We have a BIG, BIG, BIG announcement this year that will have a BIG impact on the animal community in the Rockford and surrounding areas,” Dean said in a release. “This is one event you don’t want to miss. All proceeds from the Fur Ball event help benefit PAWS Humane Society, which is a great organization.”
PAWS Humane Society is a local nonprofit animal group that does not have a shelter and is often confused with Winnebago County Animal Services on North Main Street. The main focus of the group is spay/neuter assistance, adoption, humane education to the public and schools, and emergency animal welfare relief. The group receives no government or local county funding but works merely on donations and the efforts of their own fund-raising.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue