- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
RAMI Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 25 at Tebala Shrine Temple
Auditions for the 2012 Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam will start at 5:20 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
Thirteen bands and three individuals will be auditioning for one of the top seven spots advancing to the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
Auditioning are Tristan Bushman, Highway 90, Audio Abduction, The Uprising, Always Run Down, Conbrio, Nova Crush, Marie Ivory, Meanwhile in Germany, Shattered Picks, Carlita, Desolation Row, The Sasparillas, Daybreak, East Lincoln Avenue and Escape.
The event is open to the public and admission is $3 at the door, or free for children younger than 6. Food and beverages will be for sale from the members of the Tebala Shrine Temple as well as the event’s sponsor, Monster Energy Drink.
The 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam will be Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple. Tickets may be purchased from members of the top seven performing bands, The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
The first-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250 and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 847-8228.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue