- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
RAMI Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 25 at Tebala Shrine Temple
Auditions for the 2012 Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam will start at 5:20 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
Thirteen bands and three individuals will be auditioning for one of the top seven spots advancing to the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
Auditioning are Tristan Bushman, Highway 90, Audio Abduction, The Uprising, Always Run Down, Conbrio, Nova Crush, Marie Ivory, Meanwhile in Germany, Shattered Picks, Carlita, Desolation Row, The Sasparillas, Daybreak, East Lincoln Avenue and Escape.
The event is open to the public and admission is $3 at the door, or free for children younger than 6. Food and beverages will be for sale from the members of the Tebala Shrine Temple as well as the event’s sponsor, Monster Energy Drink.
The 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam will be Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple. Tickets may be purchased from members of the top seven performing bands, The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
The first-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250 and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 847-8228.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue