- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
RAMI Youth Charity Jam auditions Feb. 25 at Tebala Shrine Temple
Auditions for the 2012 Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam will start at 5:20 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
Thirteen bands and three individuals will be auditioning for one of the top seven spots advancing to the 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam.
Auditioning are Tristan Bushman, Highway 90, Audio Abduction, The Uprising, Always Run Down, Conbrio, Nova Crush, Marie Ivory, Meanwhile in Germany, Shattered Picks, Carlita, Desolation Row, The Sasparillas, Daybreak, East Lincoln Avenue and Escape.
The event is open to the public and admission is $3 at the door, or free for children younger than 6. Food and beverages will be for sale from the members of the Tebala Shrine Temple as well as the event’s sponsor, Monster Energy Drink.
The 2012 RAMI Youth Charity Jam will be Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple. Tickets may be purchased from members of the top seven performing bands, The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
The first-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and will be invited to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250 and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship, administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 847-8228.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue