- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Health System names Employee of the Year
Cathy Krusey, R.N., a nurse in the Pediatric Outpatient Surgery Unit at Rockford Memorial Hospital, was recently named Rockford Health System’s 2011 Employee of the Year.
Krusey was chosen from 12 individuals named as Employees of the Month last year — out of a pool of 3,000 employees. She received the award at a special dinner Jan. 19 honoring all nominees.
For the past three decades, Krusey has been devoting time and talents to her health care career at Rockford Health System. She was applauded for providing exceptional care to her pediatric patients and was recognized for outstanding clinical expertise and compassion toward patients and co-workers.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue