- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Romantic jazz favorites featured at Mendelssohn Feb. 13
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present its next “Music on Main” concert, romantic jazz favorites by Rockford’s own Carl Cole and friends, beginning at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 13. The concert will be at the historic Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Concertgoers can celebrate Valentine’s Day a little early with their sweethearts, relax with a glass of wine and light refreshments, and meet the performers after the program, which is about an hour in length.
Multitalented pianist and vocalist Carl Cole, his wife Dianna Cole on vocals, son Andrew Cole on bass, and guest vocalist Dr. Kris Tumilowicz (“Dr. T”) will perform romantic jazz favorites from Carl and Dianna’s new CD, Here to Stay. Program to include “Blue Skies,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “My Funny Valentine” and more.
Freewill donations will be accepted; suggested amount is $10. Proceeds will benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center and Shelter Care Ministries.
“Music on Main” is the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s series of brief and intimate after-work concerts with local and regional musicians, held at the Emerson House in the heart of downtown Rockford. Performances take place 5:30-6:30 p.m. on the second Monday of the month, September to November and February to May. Doors open at 5 p.m. Seating is limited, so arrive early.
For more about Mendelssohn, visit www.mendelssohnpac.org or call (815) 964-9713.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue