- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Running: Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity sponsors 27th Annual Arny Johnson Run
The 27th Annual Arny Johnson Classic 10-mile and 5K run presented by Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity will be April 7 at Machesney Park Harlem High School. The 10-mile run starts at 8:30 a.m., while the 5K run starts at 8:40 a.m.
Participants in the run can pre-register for the race online through Habitat for Humanity’s website, http://rockfordhabitat.org/, or at the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore, in the North Towne Mall on West Riverside Boulevard. Race-day registration will be at the Harlem High School gym from 7 to 8 a.m. Cost is $25 if registered prior to March 31 and $30 after March 31. High school and younger cost is $10.
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity provides opportunities for lower-income families to earn homeownership by working in partnership with people in need to build and renovate decent affordable housing. The houses are subsequently sold to those in need at no profit to Habitat for Humanity and with no interest charged. The new homeowner’s mortgage payments are then used by Habitat for Humanity to fund subsequent home construction and other various projects.
All proceeds from the run will go toward supporting low-income families in their quest for homeownership. For more information, contact the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity at (815) 636-4573, fax (815) 636-4574, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue