- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Running: Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity sponsors 27th Annual Arny Johnson Run
The 27th Annual Arny Johnson Classic 10-mile and 5K run presented by Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity will be April 7 at Machesney Park Harlem High School. The 10-mile run starts at 8:30 a.m., while the 5K run starts at 8:40 a.m.
Participants in the run can pre-register for the race online through Habitat for Humanity’s website, http://rockfordhabitat.org/, or at the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore, in the North Towne Mall on West Riverside Boulevard. Race-day registration will be at the Harlem High School gym from 7 to 8 a.m. Cost is $25 if registered prior to March 31 and $30 after March 31. High school and younger cost is $10.
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity provides opportunities for lower-income families to earn homeownership by working in partnership with people in need to build and renovate decent affordable housing. The houses are subsequently sold to those in need at no profit to Habitat for Humanity and with no interest charged. The new homeowner’s mortgage payments are then used by Habitat for Humanity to fund subsequent home construction and other various projects.
All proceeds from the run will go toward supporting low-income families in their quest for homeownership. For more information, contact the Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity at (815) 636-4573, fax (815) 636-4574, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue