- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 20
University of Illinois Extension will present the 16th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, at Midway Village Museum, Rockford.
The cost per person is $40; each additional family member or business colleague can register for $30. After Feb. 16, the registration cost is $50 per person.
The conference fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, four general education sessions, and a choice of two breakout sessions. To register or for a complete conference schedule, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
“This annual conference provides relevant, practical information for the fruit and vegetable speciaty grower — it’s a great opportuity for both learning and networking,” said U of I Extension Local Foods and Small Farms Educator Maurice Ogutu, Ph.D.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference sessions are led by educators and experts from University of Illinois Extension, USDA-NRCS, Royal Oaks Farm Orchard and more. Education topics include small farm risk management, direct marketing, farm to school programs, pest management, use of cover crops, organic soil amendments and more.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue