- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 20
University of Illinois Extension will present the 16th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, at Midway Village Museum, Rockford.
The cost per person is $40; each additional family member or business colleague can register for $30. After Feb. 16, the registration cost is $50 per person.
The conference fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, four general education sessions, and a choice of two breakout sessions. To register or for a complete conference schedule, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
“This annual conference provides relevant, practical information for the fruit and vegetable speciaty grower — it’s a great opportuity for both learning and networking,” said U of I Extension Local Foods and Small Farms Educator Maurice Ogutu, Ph.D.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference sessions are led by educators and experts from University of Illinois Extension, USDA-NRCS, Royal Oaks Farm Orchard and more. Education topics include small farm risk management, direct marketing, farm to school programs, pest management, use of cover crops, organic soil amendments and more.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue