- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 20
University of Illinois Extension will present the 16th Annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20, at Midway Village Museum, Rockford.
The cost per person is $40; each additional family member or business colleague can register for $30. After Feb. 16, the registration cost is $50 per person.
The conference fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, four general education sessions, and a choice of two breakout sessions. To register or for a complete conference schedule, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
“This annual conference provides relevant, practical information for the fruit and vegetable speciaty grower — it’s a great opportuity for both learning and networking,” said U of I Extension Local Foods and Small Farms Educator Maurice Ogutu, Ph.D.
The annual Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference sessions are led by educators and experts from University of Illinois Extension, USDA-NRCS, Royal Oaks Farm Orchard and more. Education topics include small farm risk management, direct marketing, farm to school programs, pest management, use of cover crops, organic soil amendments and more.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue