Winnebago Buy Local 2012 Kick-off Celebration Feb. 9 at Giovanni’s
Winnebago Buy Local will host its 2012 Kick-off Celebration beginning at 6 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 9, in the Grand Ballroom at Giovanni’s, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Keynote speaker for the event will be Martin Vanags, CEO of the Bloomington/Normal, Ill., Economic Development Council. Vanags will speak about the importance of participating in networking and communicating effectively.
Door prizes, hors d’oeuvres, networking, and a cash bar will also be featured.
The group’s mission is “to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries and practices, and buying local first.”
All local businesses that attend the Feb. 9 event will be given a ticket to put into a drawing for door prizes. If you sign up to become a member, renew your membership or have already renewed your membership for the year, you get an additional ticket for door prizes. Following are some examples of what will be offered as door prizes at the event:
• Worland Guitars will offer a reusable cotton shopping bag;
• RyCom will offer six months of premier membership to couponcocktail.com, a $150 value;
• Enigma Wraps will offer a hand-dyed silk scarf, made in Rockford;
• The Olive Oil Experience will give away their most popular sampler of fresh olive oil and balsamic pairings;
• Bookworm Bakery and Café will provide a selection of teas, coffees and pastries;
• Iro Custom Cosmetics will offer a $40 gift certificate;
• Culture Shock Clothing and records will provide a gift basket full of kitschy novelties from the store, as well as a $25 gift basket;
• Laynie Bug’s Bows will provide a gift basket with a variety of hair accessories;
• Tures and Associates will donate a $25 gift card for gas; and
• Pasta Cucina will offer a $30 gift basket with a bag of hand-crafted pasta, including their best-selling portobella and garlic olive oil and roasted garlic sea salt.
Membership to Winnebago Buy Local includes a one-time fee of $25 plus annual dues of $25. More information and a registration form can be found at winnebagobuylocal.com. Completed registration forms and a check for $50 can be mailed to Winnebago Buy Local c/o: Culture Shock, 2314 Charles St., Rockford, IL 61104.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Culture Shock at (815) 229-2997 or Frank Schier at The Rock River Times at (815) 964-9767.
From the Feb. 8-14, 2012, issue
Print This Article