- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
Chocolate Sundae Sunday at Discovery Center Feb. 12
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will host its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate, but not necessary to just attend Chocolate Sundae Sunday.
Discovery Center Museum, the nation’s No. 4 children’s museum as cited by Child magazine, is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more about the museum.
Posted Feb. 10, 2012