- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Chocolate Sundae Sunday at Discovery Center Feb. 12
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will host its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate, but not necessary to just attend Chocolate Sundae Sunday.
Discovery Center Museum, the nation’s No. 4 children’s museum as cited by Child magazine, is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more about the museum.
Posted Feb. 10, 2012