- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Chocolate Sundae Sunday at Discovery Center Feb. 12
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will host its annual Valentine’s treat, Chocolate Sundae Sunday, from 2 to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 12.
Families will have fun creating and eating their own chocolate sundae concoctions with all the fixings. Children can make valentines and other make-and-take art projects. Chocolate lovers will be able to enjoy it all while listening to the spirited jazz sounds of the Dixieland Docs.
Admission for general public is $2.50 per person; members are $1.50. Admission to the museum is separate, but not necessary to just attend Chocolate Sundae Sunday.
Discovery Center Museum, the nation’s No. 4 children’s museum as cited by Child magazine, is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 2-17) and free to children age 1 and younger and museum members. Hours open are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday.
Visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org or call (815) 963-6769 for more about the museum.
Posted Feb. 10, 2012